The Silent Planet Phenomenon

The Silent Planet Phenomenon! 

A Concert Experience For The Ages!

_______________________________________________________________

Welcome to another installment of my concert blog series. In this installment I will be covering a band that I have wanted to cover for quite some time now. And as the subheading says their set is one to be experienced. The band I am talking about is Silent Planet. This four piece Melodic Metalcore/Post-Metal band out of Azusa, CA began their musical conquest in 2009. They independently released their first two EP's. The first being "Come Wind, Come Weather" which they recorded in Atlanta with producer Matt Goldman, and released in 2012. They then went on to tour with Dayseeker and Becoming The Archetype. And in between EP one and two they played the 2013 "Scream The Prayer" Tour with bands like Fit For A King, Wolves At The Gate, and Those Who Fear


Their next EP came in 2014 and this one was titled "Lastsleep(1944-1946)". It featured five songs that were written about different stories of victims in WWII. Such as the song "Tiny Hands (Au Revoir)", which was written about a victim of the Hiroshima bombing and the aftermath of it all. It was also in 2014 that the band announced that they had completed their first full length album to be released with an "Artist friendly record label" which they described as letting them retain full creative control over the music making process. This turned out to be Solid State Records as they announced the bands signing to the label in September along with a release date of November 10th. This included "Tiny Hands (Au Revoir)", "Darkstrand (Hibakusha)" and "Wasteland (Vechnost)". These were on the "Lastsleep" EP. The Album was received well and the band went on to release "Everything Was Sound" in 2016 as well as playing their first Warped Tour.


My first encounter with the band was at their headlining show back at the beginning of March in 2017. Of which I had a VIP Meet & Greet ticket. In that M&G I got my first real interaction with the band, and it was great! Even before I ever saw them live, in person, on stage. I got to meet the guys behind the music that I had recently come to enjoy the most. That show started a fire for their music inside of my being. Up until the m&g I had only listened to their music and really didn't pay much attention to it. Then during the m&g I got to see the true character behind the men that made up the group. I have been to m&g's where the band members are really nice, and indeed they are truly nice people. But they can tend to seem a little annoyed with a majority of the questions that are asked in the meet-up. Be it that the question seems a little trivial, small, or silly, or if it is a question that they get asked all the time. And so they seem like they can get a little annoyed. But the guys in Silent Planet did not seem like that. They took to every question like it was the first time the question had been asked. Even Mitch, who can seem shy and reserved at times got into great detail about some of the questions that were thrown his way. Really great dudes to be around.


Moving on to the show in this blog there is not much to say. These guys did not disappoint at their headliner last year, or their Warped Tour set. And continuing on to this show their train just keeps on rolling. They had, in my opinion, the biggest crowd. The biggest reaction. And the most crowd involvement. Hands down! Even more than the headlining band. And that is saying something because the headliner had a HUGE reaction. Add to the momentum that the band has a new album coming this year and you have a recipe for one of the bands biggest years to date. And you can bet that I will be there with my reaction and review as soon as the album drops. Until the next time, check out my links below, as well as Silent Planets links and I will see you in the next blog post!
_______________________________________________________________

Links-N-Stuff

My Links:
FB: @CMPMNNR
Twitter: @CMPMNNR
Insta: @CMPMNNR
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF43bvnzDy8zkQsFEIXtwPA?
Patreon: CMPMNNR




_______________________________________________________________

Silent Planet Links
FB: @silentplanetmusic
Twitter: @SLNTPLNT
Insta: @silentplanetband
Spotify:https://open.spotify.com/artist/0JGTiwfinlCuANGu4Gq2XU?si=MsUVb_ddTiyF-Z46RtehZQ
Website: www.silentplanetband.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sky Is Falling! Or Is It Just A Paramore album?

Blooming Flowers In The Springtime

Taking Control, Again