Where do I start... Silent Planet

Silent Planet: My Thoughts on the Band

Music, A Review by Christopher McArdle Poetry Music Blog


Hello, and welcome to another installment of my music blog. And in today's blog I will be covering a band, not just a song or album by said band. So, "Silent Planet", where do I start. I first encountered their music back in 2014 as my brother had been listening to them in the car once. I can't remember the song but I do remember enjoying the sound. So fast forward to 2015, a year that saw the guys coming to Houston quite a few times. But every single time they came in I would either be working or not have the money to get into one of their shows. 2016 comes along with me leaving the country to go do missions work. That being said I still kept on enjoying their music. I frequently play-listed them on Spotify. They have a really unique sound. The vocals that Garret puts out are both passionate, and technical. They convey the message of the lyrics well, and clear. So needless to say, I really wanted to see them live and meet these guys.

Well, fast-forward to February 2017. There I finally got my chance. I saw that they were coming to Houston a few days after I landed home. So I snagged a VIP M&G ticket package for the show. There I was finally able to meet up with the guys from the band. And let me say. They did not disappoint. Their meet and greet began with a circle of chairs in which the band members were spread out among us. They were super genuine, listening to all of our questions, answering them with a great sense of tact and humility. They passed around their tour posters to be signed as they answered the questions, and there was this really well put together documentary of the band that they handed out on flash drives.

Next it was time for the show. They were performing a head-lining set after Day Seeker, Ghost Key, and Hail the Sun. All three of which put on a good show. As they took the stage, the crowd was hyped. Their energy from the start to their last song. Meeting Garret in between sets and after the show was amazing. He is a down to earth, incredibly humble guy. He seems to enjoy doing what he is doing. And transfers into his performances, giving him that extra boost of humanity and sincerity. Talking to him in person I can remember asking him about his faith, and belief in God, his thoughts about such, and how he grows in it. And I can say that for once when I asked someone that line of questions I didn't get the text-book answer of him spouting random Bible verses about how our faith should be. Instead he gave me a more personal and sincere answer, also saying that how he finds his faith may not be how you find your faith. That you must make your faith your own.

Well that is where I am going to leave this blog. There is so much more that I could write about these guys. Even just their music in general. So maybe I'll be writing a blog post talking more about their music. But until then I hope you have enjoyed my post about the band, and more specifically about Garrett. If you find this interesting please go check out my YouTube channel where I will be uploading a video of this blog. Also be sure to subscribe to this blog, and to my channel. Hit the bell so that you get notified when I upload a new video. Also check the links to all of my other social media sites listed below. Thank you for reading and I hope you are having a great Wednesday.

My Social Media Stuff

Patreon: www.patreon.com/cmcardlepoetry
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0GW1RvN2ug8DpXDEz59ewz
Patreon: www.patreon.com/cmcardlepoetry
Music Blog: cmpmusicblog.blogspot.com
Facebook: Christopher McArdle Poetry
Twitter: @CMcArdle49
Instagram: c.mcardlepoetry
Tumblr: www.tumblr.com/blog/c-mcardle-poetry
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF43bvnzDy8zkQsFEIXtwPA?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sky Is Falling! Or Is It Just A Paramore album?

Blooming Flowers In The Springtime

Taking Control, Again