What's wrong with people sometimes?

What's Wrong With People Sometimes?

Music, A Review: By Christopher McArdle Poetry


This is not how I wanted this blog post to go. But this is something that affects me, and hits me deeply. As you may have heard. A YouTuber/Musician (I happen to be both), named Austin Jones was officially arrested and charged with two counts in the production of child pornography. Now before I get too deep into this blog let me first say that I do not have an opinion on whether he is guilty or not at the moment. I still believe in what the laws says, you are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law. And any statements I make to his person are simply those that I have observed prior to his arrest. And I am bu no means intending any hate towards him. I only know him through his channel and his music, which is where I get a lot of my statements about him and/or his character.

Now, how this affects me first and foremost is in the fact that I am an uncle to more kids than I can speak about in this blog. The oldest of which is a girl who is not much older than the girls that Austin is accused of committing this crime against. So the fact that something like this is happening in the community (YT) that I happen to be a part of is an initial shock. Not because it happened period, but who it is happening to and what his history is. More on that later in the blog. And lastly it hits me as a YouTuber. Because if you do not already know, YouTube is going through an advertisement crisis. That is a big issue all on its own. Part of it has been caused by certain YouTubers, or certain types/groups of YouTubers. However I do not have the time, nor is the purpose of this blog about that issue.

Back on topic here. I first encountered Austin and his music when I heard that he was on the Warped Tour 2015 YouTuber section. So as I do with any concert or event I go to I research who is going to be there. While researching him I didn't find anything out initially that would hint to anything perverse about his character. And before the tour began I heard that he had been removed from the tour line-up because of inappropriate conduct. I brushed it off as he might have just messed up with something along the way. But while at the Houston date for WT I did here a couple of teenage girls talking about how they didn't want to run into him, calling him a pervert. Upon imploring why they felt so strongly against him they told me that he would regularly ask his underage fan girls to twerk for him and he would video them doing so. This of course, came as a shock to me. But my mind being the way it is took this as maybe just a bit of bad gossip because someone didn't get what they wanted in regards to meeting him. No big deal, even though I heard it from a few other people.

Now the next day I did another search, only a little more thorough this time. My search yielded the result that he had indeed asked girls to do this. Not only at his shows, but online in his Twitter account. Now, I wouldn't believe all of this if there wasn't proof. So I did some more research and it turns out that there was a petition started by a YouTuber named DeeFizzy to have Austin removed from WT. He had heard this and had girls who DM'ed him the requests made by Austin on his Twitter DM's. I will link all of the proof that I have found of this as well as the petition, which also has links to the proof. So to it doesn't seem to be that far of a stretch for him to be accused and arrested for something like that of which he has. So if I seem a bit swayed towards him being guilty, it isn't unwarranted, or lacking in evidence. But AGAIN, I do not wish to send anyone, or any unnecessary hate or threats towards him. If the courts find him not guilty, then I hope he can fade off into the background, and that he can go about living a somewhat peaceful life.

So in a summary of the events, and my thoughts on such. Austin Jones was arrested on Tuesday, June thirteenth, 2017 on two charges in the production of child pornography. He has had a history of requesting questionable and inappropriate videos from his girl fans that are under the age of eighteen. He had released an apology video explaining that he was "sorry" for his actions. But even that seemed a little vague, and disingenuous. So based on that, do I think he is guilty, maybe. Do I want him to be guilty, no. I never want anyone to be guilty. Unless I have personally witnessed them committing a crime, I do not want them to be guilty. So I will do what I am suggesting everyone do, let the courts decide. As to the incidents that happened, leading to his removal from WT, he personally, and publicly admitted that he asked those girls to do such things, but no-one pressed charges and he was never arrested. Nor are those incidents listed in the charges filed recently.

So please, if you have never heard of him till now, let the courts decide. And if you did know him before, and think he is guilty, let the courts decide. And if they decide he is not guilty then, please let him fade into the background, don't pursue any form of "justice", you will only bring unnecessary trouble on yourself. And if you are a part of his fan base, you believe he is not guilty, and he is in fact found guilty, do not go on and cause commotion, or bring about any of the unnecessary trouble that hose opposite would in your shoes. Again, just let the courts decide his fate. And let it be so justly. I will leave the usual links down below to my social media as well as the link to the petition that has all of the evidence of his previous accusations

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sky Is Falling! Or Is It Just A Paramore album?

Blooming Flowers In The Springtime

Taking Control, Again