I Will Climb The...
I Will Climb The...
Tower Of Pain by. Fit For A King Single Review
__________________________________________________________
Welcome Back to my Blog! I know it was supposed to be up Saturday but things got a little crazy and here it is today. The latest edition of my Music Review Blog series. This edition covers the latest single from the Christian Metalcore band Fit For A King. The single is called "Tower Of Pain". This was released the same days as Convictions latest album. Like that album I was instantly in love with it! This is the first single they have released since their release of Deathgrip and is the first single off of their upcoming fifth studio album. That album has yet to be named, nor has a name been given for it yet. They have two single for this album that they are currently playing live. The other one being titled "Shattered Glass". But they have yet to release that one as a single yet. But I wish they would. I have seen videos of them playing it live and they really go hard in it.
This song. While not as heavy. Still gets really heavy! Jared Easterling lays down some killer double pedal and snare action. Ryan "Tuck" O'Leary takes that and adds his tantalizing bass playing to set the tone and pace for the song. Bobby Lynge provides some wickedly good and fast guitar riffs that push the instrumentals over the top! Then you have the man who's knows how to own the stage, and the crowd. No matter how big or small. That man is Ryan Kirby and He adds the vocals that give this song the cement to its foundation. The song has a small faint intro before you get the opening vocals. "Will I rise, from the ashes we create?" Screams Kirby. Opening with the chorus of this song. He's backed up by Lynge and Tuck singing the rest of the lines. After that the song descends into a fast and heavy song that borders some of the Post-Hardcore influences that this band has used before. All that culminates in one the heaviest breakdowns that I have heard from this band since their 2014 album, "Slave To Nothing". So lets get on to the breakdown of this song before my final thoughts on this amazing track!
__________________________________________________________
After the opening recitation of the chorus we get into verse one. The theme of this song seems to be one of a tortured soul. The narrator seems to be going through a spiritual awakening and this song is their documentation of that. "I feel the flames surrounding my heart! Watching my soul being torn apart!" Line this opening of this verse with the sense that you are having an experience of watching your life be consumed with darkness and not doing anything about it. "Twenty-six years I've been digging my grave! Climbing the Tower of Pain! Fear shouldn't be deciding my fate! My agony shouldn't be holding this weight! When my heart no longer beats what will I say?" Continuing this opening verses message we see that the narrator has been going through their entire life up to this point being fooled into thinking that they were always meant to be this way and that made them in some way weaker than another person. And this verse also sets up the fact that this song contains a lot of ironic messaging. Like that line saying "Fear shouldn't be deciding my fate!" That feeling that the things controlling certain things in your life shouldn't actually be controlling them. And now you find yourself climbing a tower that only leads to more pain.
Verse two continues the theme of forces controlling that which they shouldn't. "I hear the whisper of death in my ear! Hell is safe for a thousands of years! Twenty six years being told I'm a slave! Trading desire away!" Spiritual awakenings are never a bad thing. Hell is a temptingly bad place. But so many choose the false promise that looks easier than what the truest happiness looks like. The repetition of the slave part further proves that this has been a lifelong struggle for the narrator. And after 26 years they are finally awake to the fact that they have been deceived and let the enemy take control of their heart, thoughts, and actions.
Next we move on to the chorus. A hook that poses a question after the narrator has been awakened to their spiritual follies. "Will I rise from the ashes we create? Will I fall into oblivion?" After you have become knowledgeable of the things that have deceived you in an almost deadly way you now have to find your way away from the. Without the false help that the ones deceiving you had you fooled into thinking that you were. You now see the struggle of getting away from what you "When I look up to this tower with a soul that's ripped apart. I see my death before me and the path is cold and dark" Now that you have freed yourself to run from your death you can see clearly the stuff that you were getting into. Now you can see all that you were about to do and the cold dark path that would've ultimately led to your death.
Then we get to the brutal breakdown part of this song. It contains more ironic statements of the "This thing shouldn't be what does this to me". Again. This is the thing that lines this song. It's what draws me in to the message of the song. The whole song is seems to be based on this. "Hell shouldn't draw me closer to Heaven! Death shouldn't pull me closer to faith!" Hell is the exact opposite of what Heaven stands for. So the fact that you have to go through hell-ish conditions and use them as the things to which you build your way to heaven. When faced with death one can either forget all faith they had and cling to what they think might keep them alive. Or it can galvanize their faith and bring them closer to God and his reward filled afterlife. This line repeats before you get the last words of "I will climb the tower of paaaaaaaaaiiiiin!" As the breakdown will send the crowd into a violent mosh-pit frenzy!
__________________________________________________________
And now for some final thoughts. The song has a lot of great qualities to it. It is heavy enough to make even the most docile pit goer want to destroy something. And while the screams were a bit dry at times they still had the powerful, passionate impact that Kirby is known to bring to the scene when he opens his mouth. I would like to see more guitar play. Maybe some speedier riffs and transitions between chord progressions. Also, as a note to the mixer for this album. Please make the bass a little more pronounced and louder. The bass is one of the best things to drive a song and we need to hear more of it. If this song is any hint as to what they are going to do with the rest of the album I will thoroughly enjoy it.
Guys! This is where I end this blog. If you like what I did here please consider subscribing to this blog. You will get notifications in your email every time that I post a new blog. Share this post with your friends and help me in my quest to make blogging my full time job! And if you want to help me reach that goal faster you can go over to my Patreon page and subscribe there. It's cheap and you get to help me reach my goals to make my blogs even better for your reading pleasure. Check out all of my other social media links for more fun content and I will see you guys in another blog post, very soon!
__________________________________________________________
Links-N-Stuff
Song Link: https://open.spotify.com/track/186Z7G28gfzTJyulcQh5HY?si=QwvIVtWeTS-0ZOq9e3987Q
My Links--------------------------------------
My Links--------------------------------------
FB: @CMPMNNR
Twitter:@CMPMNNR
Insta: CMPMNNR
Patreon: CMPMNNR
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF43bvnzDy8zkQsFEIXtwPA?

Comments
Post a Comment