Local Music Spotlight - Hold On Hollywood, Morals, and Soilborn
Local Music Spotlight
01/25/2018 @ White Oak Music Hall
Hold On Hollywood, Morals, and Soilborn
Welcome to a new series that I hopefully want to get more involved in. A blog post and possibly another video series where I highlight local bands. Because before any of the artists and bands you see headlining the big festivals, they started off in the local venues and clubs. Playing shows with other local artists/bands. Opening up for bigger, national touring acts. And trying to get their music in front of as many people as possible. And so as I attempt to get my writing in front of as many readers/viewers, I want to begin writing to highlight those local bands and artists as I go to their shows, and possibly interview a few of them along the way. My goal is to grow with them, and grow my fanbase as they grow theirs. Writing about their music, and sharing my thoughts on them. So buckle in and join the ride. And let's move on to the first edition of my "Local Music Spotlight". I will link all of the bands/artists socials and where you can listen to them down below. So be sure to check that out!
In this edition I will be covering a show that happened on Thursday, January 25th, 2018 at the White Oak Music Hall. This one featured three local bands. One I had never heard of, one that I have seen before, and one that has interested me for a while. And the first band I will be covering is that band that I have never heard of. This is the five-piece, Hard-Rock/Metal band known as "Soilborn". These guys were the first to take the stage with their cameras set up around the crowd to record their show, as well as their own cameraman. Their music, with this being the first time I heard it, sounded pretty good. They released and album independently last year titled "Time Passing". And as I said previously it sounded really good. one track that I enjoyed a lot, and possibly the standout for me is their song "We Will Rise". It is a well rounded song, off of their independently released album. Tight vocals, and great instrumentals. This is definitely a band that I would love to see again. So be sure to check them out at a concert near you and check out their links below!
The next band up was "Morals". The electric three-piece rock band that brings a healthy bit of reprieve to the stage. Fronted by cool and calm, yet energetic Ryan English; this band has all the makings of the next "The Maine" or, dare I say it, a better version of everyone's favorite band to hate Nickelback". They have released their first EP titled "Where We Live" back on the 2nd of December, last year. To go off of this set I would have to say that my favorite song by these guys so far would be a toss-up between "My City Of Love" and "Where We Live". Two songs that speak about their hometown and giving the city some love. I saw these guys back in April of last and and since then they have only stepped it up. There's not much more I can say. Except that if you catch these guys at a show be sure to listen to them play! And check out their links below!
The last band to play was the four-piece rock/hard-rock band known as "Hold On Hollywood". These four guys formed the group in april of 2015 and built themselves around the "Bigger is better" notion that is commonly attributed to the state of Texas. Where everything is bigger. Apparently. And as their FB bio states "nowhere else is that philosophy more evident than in their adrenaline-fueled live shows. Whether they're headlining a venue, or supporting an established Recording/Touring act on a sold out show, Hold On Hollywood takes the crowd on a ride that leaves them breathless and screaming for more!" And I would agree with that for the most part. Gauging from what I saw at the show. These guys seem to have built up a good fanbase. Bringing out more than 50 people to a show on a late Thursday night. Not something that is particularly easy to do for a local band. Even if the show was free for 21 and up. These guys will definitely go down as another band to catch whenever possible. See for yourself, and let me know if you would agree or not by commenting such. Their links will be down below along with the two previously mentioned bands.
The Wrap-Up: That's going to do it for this, the first edition of my "Local Music Spotlight". I am working on possibly making this a video series as well, to go along with the music review series. So let me know if you would like to see that happen. Please be sure to share this with your friends, and don;t forget to check my other blog posts, as well as my links down below with the bands mentioned on today's article.
The next band up was "Morals". The electric three-piece rock band that brings a healthy bit of reprieve to the stage. Fronted by cool and calm, yet energetic Ryan English; this band has all the makings of the next "The Maine" or, dare I say it, a better version of everyone's favorite band to hate Nickelback". They have released their first EP titled "Where We Live" back on the 2nd of December, last year. To go off of this set I would have to say that my favorite song by these guys so far would be a toss-up between "My City Of Love" and "Where We Live". Two songs that speak about their hometown and giving the city some love. I saw these guys back in April of last and and since then they have only stepped it up. There's not much more I can say. Except that if you catch these guys at a show be sure to listen to them play! And check out their links below!
The last band to play was the four-piece rock/hard-rock band known as "Hold On Hollywood". These four guys formed the group in april of 2015 and built themselves around the "Bigger is better" notion that is commonly attributed to the state of Texas. Where everything is bigger. Apparently. And as their FB bio states "nowhere else is that philosophy more evident than in their adrenaline-fueled live shows. Whether they're headlining a venue, or supporting an established Recording/Touring act on a sold out show, Hold On Hollywood takes the crowd on a ride that leaves them breathless and screaming for more!" And I would agree with that for the most part. Gauging from what I saw at the show. These guys seem to have built up a good fanbase. Bringing out more than 50 people to a show on a late Thursday night. Not something that is particularly easy to do for a local band. Even if the show was free for 21 and up. These guys will definitely go down as another band to catch whenever possible. See for yourself, and let me know if you would agree or not by commenting such. Their links will be down below along with the two previously mentioned bands.
The Wrap-Up: That's going to do it for this, the first edition of my "Local Music Spotlight". I am working on possibly making this a video series as well, to go along with the music review series. So let me know if you would like to see that happen. Please be sure to share this with your friends, and don;t forget to check my other blog posts, as well as my links down below with the bands mentioned on today's article.
Links and Stuff
My Links:
YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF43bvnzDy8zkQsFEIXtwPA?
FB: https://www.facebook.com/CMPMNnR/
FB: https://www.facebook.com/CMPMNnR/
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/CMMNnR
Twitter: @CMcArdle49
Insta: c.mcardlepoetry
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF43bvnzDy8zkQsFEIXtwPA?
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/12181766444
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soilborn
FB: @soilborn.band.houston
Insta: soilbornband
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ0dYjb9wWHuAg4D5cRj0oA
Spotify:https://open.spotify.com/artist/0jctEREMpB641sqp6ZPAjA?si=fY6LA7rfTTy02nS7zqYjag
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morals
FB: @thirdcoasthooligans
Spotify:https://open.spotify.com/artist/6UVIA2DeGJDagASUZ2Gc8M?si=P1YejhpaSDySsjBmbh0cZg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hold On Hollywood
FB: @holdonhollywood
Twitter: @holdonhollywood
Insta: holdonhollywood
Website: holdonhollywood.com
YT: https://www.youtube.com/holdonhollywood
Spotify:https://open.spotify.com/artist/3oyrKmBdnDUghB99JYHbN5?si=7RR8WyvTQyOwRLWM_dn2FA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soilborn
FB: @soilborn.band.houston
Insta: soilbornband
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ0dYjb9wWHuAg4D5cRj0oA
Spotify:https://open.spotify.com/artist/0jctEREMpB641sqp6ZPAjA?si=fY6LA7rfTTy02nS7zqYjag
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morals
FB: @thirdcoasthooligans
Spotify:https://open.spotify.com/artist/6UVIA2DeGJDagASUZ2Gc8M?si=P1YejhpaSDySsjBmbh0cZg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hold On Hollywood
FB: @holdonhollywood
Twitter: @holdonhollywood
Insta: holdonhollywood
Website: holdonhollywood.com
YT: https://www.youtube.com/holdonhollywood
Spotify:https://open.spotify.com/artist/3oyrKmBdnDUghB99JYHbN5?si=7RR8WyvTQyOwRLWM_dn2FA
Comments
Post a Comment