Now Look What You Made Me Do!

Now Look What You Made Me Do!

Ready For It by. Taylor Swift Review


Are you ready for it? I think I am. This week I am going to be tackling the latest single by the giant known as Taylor Swift. You know. The woman you don't want to "offend", date, or make "angry", lest you feel the wrath of her "song writing" skills. If you could call it that. Seriously, this woman hardly can keep any personal matters to herself. Just take a look at Katy Perry, Kanye West, or any insert celebrity here that has crossed her path the "wrong" way. I mean, I wouldn't even want to be a janitor for her. Because one wrong toothbrush out of place and I could end up being her next hit single. 

Taylor isn't stopping at ex-lovers though. As this song suggests, it may be inspired by her current boyfriend "Joe Alwyn". If that is so, then what's up "New" Taylor Swift? How are you doing? Oh, wait, you're still the same. No matter how much you claimed to have changed personally, and that you are done with the "Haters", there is nothing that has changed. The only thing that changed is the music behind your songs. You went from a country star that wrote about her ex-boyfriends, to a pop-star who does the same thing, only ten times worse. Let's face it. You sold out Taylor. Plain and simple. But let's pause the rant for now and get into the review and breakdown of "Ready For It". If you are ready?

Verse One: Remember my earlier statement about her possibly writing about her current boyfriend. Just take a look at the opening line "Knew he was a killer first time that I saw him". Joe Alwyn's acting debut was in the film "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk" as a soldier in the Iraqi war. Coincidence, maybe. But something tells me it is not. the next few lines could be a nod to the fact of how little Taylor knows Joe. Also how little we know about him as well. He is an up and coming actor who has only had a few roles to date. "Wonder how many girls he had loved and left haunted. But if he's a ghost, then I can be a phantom. Holdin' him for ransom, some. Some boys are tryin' too hard, he don't try at all though. Younger than my exes, but he act like such a man, so. I see nothing better, I keep him forever. Like a vendetta-ta" And as we know how Taylor writes as the one being haunted by the memories of her exes, she in turn flips the roles, saying that if these two break up that she would be the one haunting him.

Verse Two: Take a look at these lyrics "Knew I was a robber first time that he saw me. Stealing hearts and running off and never sayin' sorry. But if I'm a thief, then he can join the heist, and. We'll move to an island, and. And he can be my jailer, Burton to this Taylor Like Elizabeth Taylor, Swift has to endure intense media focus on her relationships. Elizabeth of course, dated and then married Richard Burton after the two met on the scene of the movie Cleopatra. The two then divorced and later remarried, but the second marriage only lasted ten months. A bonus thing to note is that Joe Alwyn's parents are named Elizabeth and Richard. "Every love I've known in comparison is a failure. I forget their names now, I'm so very tame now. Never be the same now, now." Could this mean that Taylor has found the one? Could this current boyfriend, or the one she may be mentioning as the future mr. right?

"Pre-Chorus/Choruses: Then we get the little nuggets of lyrics known as the pre-chorus/choruses. "I, I, I see how this is gon' go. Touch me and you'll never be alone. I-Island breeze and lights down low. No one has to know. In the middle of the night, in my dreams. You should see the things we do, baby. In the middle of the night, in my dreams. I know I'm gonna be with you. So I take my time. Are you ready for it?" Taylor is followed around by the paparazzi all the time, and so consequently any of her boyfriends are going to be followed by the paparazzi at an alarmingly high rate. So she puts the "Are you ready for it?" question question out there to say to her current/future boyfriend. And indeed I hope that whoever they are, they are ready for the relationship train-wreck that is Taylor Swift. And as the song states, let the games begin.

Conclusion And Review Wrap Up: Now to continue my earlier rant. In my deepest personal opinion. Taylor needs to stop writing songs about her previous relationships, drama with other celebrities, and now current boyfriends. Although if you are writing in the right context. And some could argue that this is the right context, given Taylor's "reputation". I just don't see it. If she doesn't want to wake up in 20 years and wonder why she is still single, and ultimately has lost all of her friends, she will stop writing these songs in the way that she does. Because right now, it only seems like the only person there that is perfect for Taylor Swift, is Taylor Swift. And that is going to be her downfall once the dust settles. And that is all I have for today. I could review the instrumentals, but I will probably here the same stuff as I have heard in other pop-songs, and will probably hear again in the near future. So again, that is all for today. Head on over to my YouTube channel and show the accompanying video some love by giving it a like, comment your thoughts and future review ideas, and subscribing to my channel and hitting the bell for notifications. And as always, you can find that, and anything else linked below, even the song, although I DON'T encourage you to listen to it. Unless you are a fan of Taylor. In which case you can comment all the hate you want. It'll only help me out in the long run.


Links And Stuff

Video: https://youtu.be/X74bpk9P1M0
FaceBookwww.faceook.com/christopher.mcardle2
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/CMMNnR
Twitter: @CMcArdle49
Instagram: c.mcardlepoetry
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF43bvnzDy8zkQsFEIXtwPA?
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/12181766444
Song Link: https://open.spotify.com/track/7zgqtptZvhf8GEmdsM2vp2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sky Is Falling! Or Is It Just A Paramore album?

Blooming Flowers In The Springtime

Taking Control, Again