We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat
We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat EP
By. Til Death Do We Part
Review and "Buttons For Eyes" Reaction Video
Welcome to another installation of my music review blog series. This week I am keeping with the YouTuber/Musician theme. This one comes from the duo of Johnie Guilbert (Solo Acoustic. He is also a part of the Collab Channel "Our World Away), and Jake Bateman aka. "Your Brand New Obsession" (Solo Alternative). Together they formed a side project known as "Til Death Do We Part". A sort of Pop-punk/Easy-core and Electro/Alternative two piece group. The two Just released their debut EP titled "We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat" last Friday, October thirteenth, along with the second music video for the song "Buttons For Eyes". This following their only single from the EP titled "Curiosity Kills" a track that I did not review but I will now regret that as it gave a lot of insight in to what the EP was going to sound like. But enough of the past and on to the future. And the future looks very good for the two. Both in their solo projects, and in "Til Death Do We Part". All of the channels that these guys are a part of, plus
On to the EP. We have five tracks to have our eardrums dancing to. They are listed in this order, #1. Curiosity Kills, #2. Regret Me Not, #3. Let Me Bother You, #4. She Makes Sense, and last but not least #5. Buttons For Eyes, the track to which I will break down the lyrics here in the blog, and the reaction video that I will be doing to the music video for this song. So if you have not already done so, hop on over to my YouTube channel (Linked down below) and hit the subscribe button. Make sure you also hit the bell so that you get notified each time I upload a new video, which you certainly do not want to miss. But with that being said lets get back to the review. The EP as a whole is really solid. All of the tracks follow a good flow when it comes to their "Genre". Each track is unique and different, not being a super serious song, yet sounding so good! Even if it is on the short end of the EP spectrum, track number wise, it is still a great EP. As far as tracks that are different/underrated, I would say it is "Let Me Bother You". So give that one a special listen, as well as the track I am going to be breaking down here. Now on to that track.
"Buttons For Eyes" Breakdown and Review: This track is the last track in the EP lineup and the second music video release for the EP. So without further ado, let's get into the breakdown and review. The opening moments of the song start with a faded recital of the chorus before going into verse one. "I can't see why (see why), I’m pondering tonight (tonight). I can’t seem to just make up my mind. Last time I was here I got lost in the open. If this world was alive, then I’d be the commotion (the commotion)". These lyrics kick off the songs theme of thinking that you have found yourself, but then questioning if you actually have. The song also states the narrators indecisive mind, how it is always busy, being the commotion of the world. The song then kicks in the pre-chorus, into the chorus, before jumping into verse two. "I’m looking around at the invisible sound (invisible sound). Of what I thought to be my opinions. Careless enough to let myself fall in love. With the idea of self-destruction". Continuing the theme of the song, this verse speaks on the feeling of the sounds in their head, thinking that they were their own opinions.
Then we move on to the pre-chorus/choruses. "Tracing through my lines (tracing through my mind). Trying to find some time (trying to find some time). The puzzle sleeps at night (the puzzle sleeps at night). We’re shit out of luck but I’m still standing here (standing here). Place your bets on the chances that I’ll crash this year (crash this year). Before time rolls around and we’re all dead and gone (dead and gone). I’ll take it all out on this song (I’ll take it all out on this song). Brief but expansive on the theme. I am trying to find my thoughts. then I realize that we are all screwed and I'm still standing here trying to figure out why we are done. Then towards the end we get the small bridge towards the end of the song. "I need your assistance . I’ve been floating here for hours. Its hard to understand . I’m thinking of ways. To get my feet on the ground. But it sure doesn’t help. When I don’t know where I am.
"Buttons For Eyes" Breakdown and Review: This track is the last track in the EP lineup and the second music video release for the EP. So without further ado, let's get into the breakdown and review. The opening moments of the song start with a faded recital of the chorus before going into verse one. "I can't see why (see why), I’m pondering tonight (tonight). I can’t seem to just make up my mind. Last time I was here I got lost in the open. If this world was alive, then I’d be the commotion (the commotion)". These lyrics kick off the songs theme of thinking that you have found yourself, but then questioning if you actually have. The song also states the narrators indecisive mind, how it is always busy, being the commotion of the world. The song then kicks in the pre-chorus, into the chorus, before jumping into verse two. "I’m looking around at the invisible sound (invisible sound). Of what I thought to be my opinions. Careless enough to let myself fall in love. With the idea of self-destruction". Continuing the theme of the song, this verse speaks on the feeling of the sounds in their head, thinking that they were their own opinions.
Then we move on to the pre-chorus/choruses. "Tracing through my lines (tracing through my mind). Trying to find some time (trying to find some time). The puzzle sleeps at night (the puzzle sleeps at night). We’re shit out of luck but I’m still standing here (standing here). Place your bets on the chances that I’ll crash this year (crash this year). Before time rolls around and we’re all dead and gone (dead and gone). I’ll take it all out on this song (I’ll take it all out on this song). Brief but expansive on the theme. I am trying to find my thoughts. then I realize that we are all screwed and I'm still standing here trying to figure out why we are done. Then towards the end we get the small bridge towards the end of the song. "I need your assistance . I’ve been floating here for hours. Its hard to understand . I’m thinking of ways. To get my feet on the ground. But it sure doesn’t help. When I don’t know where I am.
In Conclusion
And there you have it. That is my review for both the EP and the song. Be sure to head on over to my channel to see my reaction/review. I am going to link that down below with my links, as well as the links to both Johnie and Jake's channels, The Our World Away channel, and the bands Spotify where you can listen to this EP. So be sure to check out all of that. Also, while you're on my channel, hit the subscribe button, and the bell for notifications. Stay happy, but not to happy, bye!
My Links---
Video: https://youtu.be/CvehfW7z-mU
FaceBook: www.faceook.com/christopher.mcardle2
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/CMMNnR
Twitter: @CMcArdle49
Instagram: c.mcardlepoetry
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF43bvnzDy8zkQsFEIXtwPA?
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/12181766444
Other Links
Johnie Guilbert: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoRQI9DCEzCpfvI21puHEtA
Jake Bateman: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCBFfUQA00tcB84oNlWu59Q
Our World Away: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoTnaLCwmgn-jMhV7Nt5VXw
TDDWP Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5cDEWNlfPBk0mBwwciLedr

Comments
Post a Comment